Online Bill Pay: Log in/Sign up
At Peña’s Disposal, recycling is the very focus of what we do. Our Material Recovery Facility is a one-stop shop for all recycling and refuse needs. Peña’s processes recyclables in addition to refuse, organic/green waste, construction and demolition materials, e-waste, and household hazardous waste.
Our recycling starts with waste hauling, which allows Peña’s customers to use a 96-gallon blue cart to dispose of items that can be recycled. The blue cart is emptied curbside and transported to our Material Recovery Facility, where the items are weighed and sorted by commodity to ensure that recyclables do not end up in the landfill.
Customers can also self-haul to Peña’s in Cutler where the same process applies – we weigh and sort the material by commodity.
- Glass Bottles & Jars
- Aluminum cans, Clean Aluminum Foil, Steel Cans, Tin Cans, Pie Tins, Metal Hangers
- Cardboard, Dry Food Boxes, Paper Bags, Packaging, Magazines, Catalogs, Newspaper, Phone Books, Paperback books, Notebooks
- Plastic Bottles & Containers, Kitchen Bottles, Bath/Shampoo Bottles, Laundry/Detergent Bottles
DO NOT THROW:
- Clothing or blankets
- Electronic waste
- Food Waste or Food Trays
- Furniture, cushions, or pillows
- Green/Yard or Animal waste
- Plastic bags
- Sharps or Syringes
YOU NEED TO:
- Rinse to remove all food & liquid residue; no lids or caps
- Rinse to remove all food & liquid residue; place steel & tin can lids back in can
- Flatten boxes; remove internal plastic bag; remove hardcover from books; remove metal/plastic bindings from notebooks
- Rinse to remove all liquid residue
DO THIS INSTEAD:
- Take to Hazardous Waste drop off facility
- Donate to a Church or Goodwill
- Drop off at our Recycling Center
- Compost or throw in trash
- Donate or throw in trash
- Animal waste should be buried
- Drop off up to five (5) free at our facility
- Dump recyclables freely; not bagged
- NEVER throw in recycle or trash
- Throw in trash
- If untreated, throw in green/yard waste cart; if treated, throw in trash
Recyclable Ag Waste
- Plastic containers
- Plastic coverings
- Plastic drip-hose tubing
- Plastic ties
- PVC pipes
- Wood pallets
Fun Recycling Facts
- Plastic is recycled into carpet, t-shirt fabric, shoes, sweaters, coats, toys, luggage, and fiberfill for sleeping bags.
- It takes millions of years for glass to break down naturally.
- A plastic jug will sit in a landfill for up to 450 years before it decomposes.
- It takes plastic bags anywhere from 10-1000 years to decompose in landfills.
- An aluminum takes from 80 to 200 years to decompose naturally.
So do your part, RECYCLE!
For more information on recycling, visit: www.calrecycle.ca.gov
For more information on recycling in Tulare County, click here.
For more information on recycling in Fresno County, click here.