Mandatory Commercial Recycling
Effective July 1, 2012, all business in the State of California that generate four ( 4) or more cubic yards of garbage per week will be required to recycle under the New California State Law AB 341. This law also mandates that multifamily apartments that have 5 or more units are required to recycle.
Business include, but are not limited to:
- Office buildings
- Strip malls
- Government offices
Multi-Family dwellings include:
An additional piece of legislation was passed January 1, 2012. AB 818 Renter’s Right to Recycle Law, which required all owners of multifamily units with 5 or more units to provide recycling services and recycling information to tenants.
Who is required to comply?
- All commercial accounts including: businesses, schools, and institutions that
generate 4 or more cubic yards of solid waste.
- All multifamily apartment buildings with 5 or more units.
How can Peña’s Disposal help me comply?
Peña’s Disposal offers multiple ways for your business to comply and will even perform a waste audit to determine your bin requirements.
Here are the services Peña’s Disposal can provide:
- Subscribe to our recycling service, which includes mixed wast processing. Peña’s Disposal will divert the recyclable material from
the waste at our Material Recovery Facility.
- Implement Peña’s Disposal recycling program that allows for the collection of recyclables from your site. Roll-offs and recycle bins are available for rent.
- Self-haul your recyclable material to our Recycling Facility.
For more information on business recycling in Fresno County, click here.
Print a version of Mandated Recycling Rules: